We are experts in assessing the risk of external fire spread from timber frame buildings during construction. We were one of the first consultancies to respond to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) requirement for these assessments. Consequently, our extensive experience has been acquired by producing several hundred reports of this nature. The Structural Timber Association (of which we are a member), recommends that a fully qualified fire engineer is consulted where a timber frame requires precise assessment or where the basic guidelines may not be suitable.
- All our reports are completed and reviewed by fully qualified fire engineers.
- Our reports are routinely reviewed by the HSE and local fire and rescue services.
- The purpose of the analysis is to assess the risk to off-site buildings and determine the appropriate category of frame.
- We also provide guidance on measures to protect occupied buildings which are being extended, e.g. to safeguard existing escape routes, to allow the existing building to remain in use during the construction of the extension.
- Where necessary, we use bespoke software to model the radiant heat output, resulting in bespoke reports, allowing the most cost-effective solution to be provided for your project.
- We are experienced in both the commercial and housing sector, applying the relevant guidance to ensure the solution proposed is appropriate to the risk.